Bill grew up in the Panhandle of Texas. He served 23 years in the United States Marine Corps, retiring in August of 1998. He served 10 years as an enlisted Marine and 13 as a commissioned officer. Upon retirement he returned to the Topaz Lake area of Nevada where he had etablished residency in 1988. He and his wife Linda moved to Moapa, Nevada in late 1998 when he took a position with the Department of Energy’s Maintenance and Operations Contractor in Southern Nevada. Bill has managed numerous and diverse organizations and projects from September 1998 through April 2009 in both the extended Las Vegas area and at the Nevada Test Site. In April of 2009 Bill left his position as a Senior Project Manager at the Nevada Test Site to Campaign as Nevada’s future U.S. Senator.
Bill earned Bachelor of Business Administration and Master of Science degrees. He established international experience while in the military and has worked with the U.S. Department of State overseas. He has a practical understanding of International issues, foreign cultures and U.S. interests. Living in numerous areas in the United States he has a deep awareness of the regional differences and strengths across our great nation. These experiences have shaped his understanding that what might be well intentioned laws originating in Washington D.C. can not be effectively applied to every region of the country as a single workable solution. His personal observations and experiences have lead to a deep appreciation of the founding fathers, Declaration of Independence, U.S. Constitution, State Soverignty, and the freedom and liberty of the individual American.
This campaign is about restoring “We the People”. Our Federal government is not a group of elected officials in Washington D.C.; rather it is the entirety of our citizenry.The people of Nevada, like many across our great nation, are angered that Nevada’s elected officials are no longer representing the interests and values of our State.Even worse; their agenda is driving our nation down a path of collectivism and implementing socialistic programs that threaten to destroy the very foundation of our country. We, our children, grand children and future generations will be enslaved by the tremendous debt that those same elected officials in Washington have saddled our great country with. They have used the national treasury to bribe the populace with “Free Money”; money they have borrowed from foreign governments that are not friendly to the United States, and can rescind those loans at their pleasure. Elected officials even contemplate subordinating our National Sovereignty to International Courts and Organizations chartered by the United Nations. This must not stand.
As Nevada’s newest Senator in 2010, I will work to bring the following objectives to fruition:
- Restore literal interpretations of the Constitution and the controls it places on the Federal Government – Those powers not specifically cited to the Federal Government, reside in the States and the individual citizen
- Restore States Rights and return Usurped Powers and Responsibilities back to the individual States
- Impose stringent reviews on Judicial Appointments to ensure that they will not legislate from the bench and modify the Constitution by personal fiat
- Take required action to call for and execute the removal of Federal Judges that fail to honor their oath to the Constitution
- Dramatically Reduce the size of the Federal Government
- Slash the Federal Budget in conjunction with restoration of States Rights
- Remove all unfunded Federal Mandates affecting the States
- Implement the Fair Tax, Repeal the 16th Amendment, and abolish the IRS
- Remove the Federal Government from Education
- Defeat or repeal any Treaty or Legislation that contains the potential to subordinate the U.S. Constitution, our laws, or our Trade and Security interests to Foreign Powers
- All Western Lands held by the Federal Government and not immediately required for National Defense, or reserved by Treaty for Native American Tribes, are to be surrendered to the individual States at no cost
- Over turn the Socialist “Reform Agenda’s” that have been legislated in 2009 and 2010